Have you stopped to ask yourself, why your website isn’t selling for you? Or attracting any of your ideal clients?
Chances are you may be doing some of the common mistakes that I see some past clients do.
Today, I want to tell you what these mistakes are and how you can avoid them. And how just by taking small actions steps you can change the results that you have been having with your website.
These are the 8 most common mistakes entrepreneurs make on their website.
So let’s get right into it.
- The first mistake: is that you’re not telling your ideal client what you do or how you can serve them as soon they come into your website. This means that they have to do some digging on your website to find out what your website is all about. This often leads your potential customer confused and closing the tab window to exit your website.
- Mistake number two: You have flashy arrows and highlighted text all over your website. This is no Bueno. Why? Because it doesn’t look that you’re serious about what you do. Plus when someone sees yellow highlights and flashy arrows, they immediately think. SCAM!
- Mistake number Three: You don’t have calls to actions. People like direction, and by telling them to click here, join now, or buy now. You’re telling them what to do next. If you don’t have anything else on your website please have a call to action.
- Mistake number four: You’re promoting your social media page on your website, telling your customer to leave your website and get distracted with social media platforms. If you have a social media page, I suggest you use it to drive traffic to your website, not the other way around. Instead use social sharing buttons, where people can share your content and your website.
- Mistake number five: You don’t know who your customer is or your copy is not talking to them on your website. This is bad because like my mentor Marie Forleo always says. “If you’re talking to everybody you’re talking to nobody.”
- Now, niching down who your ideal customer is not easy. But trust me once you do the groundwork, creating copy for your website will come easier and attracting your ideal customer will be less of a headache.
- Mistake number six: You’re changing your logo, fonts, and colors every other week. Being inconsistent about your brand is the worst thing you can do if you want to attract those returning visitors. People who come to revisit your website and see everything totally different are more like to be thrown off, thinking that you’re not proffessional, therefore your not an established business that they can trust. This is very different from doing a brand makeover.
- Mistake number seven: You don’t ask for the email! This is a big one! Relationships, they are the core of your business. A stranger is 99% more likely to buy from you if they know you. If they know your story, who you are and what you stand for. Emails are the way to tell them what you’re all about. If you’re not already doing this. Get their email Tell them your story through an email sequence, open the doors to your world and let them in on what make you unique.
- Mistake number eight: You don’t know the stages of your ideal client. We all go through stages. This comes down to know your ideal client’s problems. For example, Here’s how I do it. I took the time to research and understand the main two problems of my ideal client. Then I created services to support each stage that my client can fall under. You can see this on my home page.
Now, you may be doing some of these mistakes and I don’t want you to judge yourself for it. I have been there just like you. What you need to do now is take strategic action and do things differently.
To help you out, even more, I’ll love to schedule a FREE Coffee Chat where we can discuss how you can fix these and some other mistakes that you may have on your website.
Hope to see you talk to you soon!