Did you know you only had two ways to create your website?
These choices are…
Either you do it yourself or you hire someone to do it for you.
As a business owner, you’re the decision maker. And this might be the hardest things for us to do when we’re just starting out.
One of the things that I have learned of being in business for a few years now, is that no one else will make decisions for me. We waste a lot of time when we’re indecisive and we don’t take action.
But don’t worry I’m here to support you, so you can make the best decision for yourself.
So today I want you to take a hard look at your own resources and capabilities. And measure the pros and cons of each decision that you have now.
Do it yourself
- Save money
- Invest time in learning a new skill to build a website
- Spend a lot of time watching tutorials and learning a new skill
- Feel overwhelmed when challenges come up on your website that you may not know how to fix
- You’ll have to put all the pieces together and figure it out on your own
Hire a Designer to do it for you
- You won’t struggle to do it on your own
- You’ll have someone on your side when any problems come up
- You’ll have an experts eyes guiding you to make the right decisions for your website
- Bigger investment
- Risk of not liking the website the designer creates for you (To avoid this you can read my blog on what to look for before you hire a designer)
Neither choice you make will be right or wrong here. I just want you to know what you’re in for when you go one route versus the other. Like I said it’s not an easy decision. But if you want to have an online business you’ll eventually have to make one decision to move forward.
Let’s discuss this on the blog.
Now that you know the pros and cons of doing it yourself or hiring a designer to do it for you. What would you choose to do? Be realistic to yourself. Do you have the money to invest in a designer? Or do you have the time to invest in creating a website on your own? Are you willing to learn a new skill or do you prefer to invest your time running your business and working with clients?
Do you need help figuring out which would be next best move? Get on quick coffee chat with me and I’ll answer at the questions you got.